- SINGLE ORIGIN – 100% UGANDA BUGISU COFFEE (2 lb, 2 Pack): Our Uganda Bugisu is a region in eastern Uganda where coffee is grown at moderately high elevations. It has more body and slightly lower acidity than most other East African coffees.
- CUPPING NOTES: Deeply flavored, brooding, rich buttery texture and heavier in body with nutty notes and a finish of cocoa and cherry.
- PROCESSING AND ROAST LEVEL: Raw coffee beans are wet-processed (or washed), where the fruit covering the beans is removed before they are dried, to ensure a clean taste and bright acidity. Our Uganda Bigisu beans are then given a Medium roast by one of Teasia’s artisanal roasters.
- FRESH SPECIALTY ROASTED COFFEE: We roast all our green coffee beans in small batches using the most advanced technology. To preserve the fresh roasted flavor of coffee beans, store in an air-tight container (or very tightly seal the bag), and keep at room temperature in a dark and cool location. For best results, grind your Ugandan coffee no more than 15 minutes prior to brewing.
- BULK SAVINGS: Our roasted Ugandan coffee beans come in two 2lb bags (4 lbs total). Perfect for coffee lovers to enjoy at home or in the office.
Publisher: CPPE, Inc.
Details: TEASIA COFFEE
Fresh Medium Roast Uganda Bugisu
Bugisu is a region in eastern Uganda. Bugisu coffee has more body than most other East African coffees, and somewhat lower acidity. It seems more reminiscent of a good Sulawesi coffee than a coffee grown in view of neighboring Kenya. Purchasing Uganda Bugisu coffee is essentially supporting all of Uganda’s specialty coffee industry, and every year the crop gets bigger and tastes better.
Cup Characteristics: Ugandan Bugisu coffee is not your typical African coffee cup of sweet fruity acidic tones. Teasia’s Uganda coffee is mildly acidic, earthy and deeply flavored with a rich, heavy body with notes of cocoa and a dry finish.
Roast Profile: Our Uganda Bugisu coffee is given a medium roast to bring out the hints of fig, brown sugar and baker’s cocoa. Coffee in Uganda is grown at moderately high elevations (1,300 to 2,600 meters) on the slopes of Mount Elgon. This makes a hard bean, suitable for darker roasting.
Quality: Teasia Coffee beans are carefully chosen in consideration to the origin, quality and flavor profiles. Our coffee beans are sourced from one single producer, crop, or region in one country. Take a trip around the world with our selection of coffee beans from Africa to South America to Asia to Central America.
With 100% specialty grade and sustainable Arabica coffee, you can taste and smell the difference when you enjoy a cup of Teasia Coffee. We roast our raw green coffee beans using the most advanced roasting technology available in small batches to ensure the most unique flavor profiles.
As always, we do our best to purchase Fair Trade beans and to provide you with organic products when available. We live, breathe and love coffee so that each cup can be the best part of your day!