- SINGLE ORIGIN – 100% TIMOR COFFEE (2 lb, 2 Pack): The tiny island of Timor is split in two, with Indonesia claiming the west side and East Timor, a small independent nation, inhabiting the rest. Since all coffee there is grown on small farms, the farmers have banded together to improve their production capacity.
- CUPPING NOTES: Slightly spicy and herbal, with good acidity and an excellent body.
- PROCESSING AND ROAST LEVEL: Raw coffee beans are wet-processed (or washed), where the fruit covering the coffee beans is removed before they are dried, to ensure a clean taste and bright acidity. Our Timor beans are then given a Medium roast by one of Teasia’s artisanal roasters.
- FRESH SPECIALTY ROASTED COFFEE: We roast all our green coffee beans in small batches using the most advanced and environmentally friendly technology. To preserve the fresh roasted flavor of your Timor coffee for as long as possible, store in an air-tight container (or very tightly seal the bag), and keep at room temperature in a dark and cool location. For best results, grind your Timor coffee no more than 15 minutes prior to brewing.
- BULK SAVINGS: Our roasted Timor coffee beans come in two 2lb bags (4 lbs total). Perfect for coffee lovers to enjoy at home or in the office.
Publisher: CPPE, Inc.
Details: TEASIA COFFEE
Fresh Medium Roast Timor Coffee
In East Timor where our Timor coffee is produced, the coffee crop in these high altitude regions has changed over time, creating a new hybrid varietal with cleaner cup characteristics. Export of coffee beans is limited in Timor, due to political turmoil and other causes. Production from Timor is small, but coffee is crucial to the country’s overall economy and it is the most important source of foreign exchange for East Timor.
Cup Characteristics: Most current versions of Timor Coffee are typical for the islands of the Malay Archipelago: low-key, sweet, with a musty pungency. Our fair trade certified Timor coffee has a woodsy flavor with notes of dark chocolate and syrup.
Roast Profile: Our Timor coffee is medium roasted or given a Full City Roast to enhance the subtle woody and herbaceous cupping notes, with a mild finish for a truly stellar cup of Teasia coffee.
Quality: Teasia Coffee beans are carefully chosen in consideration to the origin, quality and flavor profiles. Our coffee beans are sourced from one single producer, crop, or region in one country. Take a trip around the world with our selection of coffee beans from Africa to South America to Asia to Central America.
With 100% specialty grade and sustainable Arabica coffee, you can taste and smell the difference when you enjoy a cup of Teasia Coffee. We roast our raw green coffee beans using the most advanced roasting technology available in small batches to ensure the most unique flavor profiles.
As always, we do our best to purchase Fair Trade beans and to provide you with organic products when available. We live, breathe and love coffee so that each cup can be the best part of your day!